Comment for zoey

Zoey shared the experience of learning Spanish, which is really familiar to me, and someone whose first language is not English. There are much fun in learning a new language. But difficulties will come along with that. In China, all the students should learn English. English is one of three major. The other two is Chinese and Math. They are equally important. But even they have started to learn English in a very young age; they will still encounter many problems. For example, some people might have very high marks on test, but speaking and writing will still be the obstacles for them. Learning a new language will lead people to another world and know more about outside world, but it is not easy. 

I really admire Zoey’s courage to put another language to be her major. I think there must be a lot of hardship along her learning experience. Speaking of myself, i really like French, but I did not even think to make French as my major in the beginning. Thanks for sharing, I think I am motivated by this story. It’s too late to change a major, but I definitely turn on my French textbook.

Comment on El_why

Thanks for her sharing, her format is very clear and well organized, every story goes with a single paragraph and a mark in the beginning. I really enjoy reading think kind of strong. I will easily lose interest to read if it is too long and not well organized. And it is really good to have the chance to know about another person. Her experience really knock me out, we have some experience in common. Such like: drawing,learning English and cooking.

Drawing had been one of my best experiences in my very early stage in my life. I prodded into my memory at her story. Chinese parents will always want their children to be versatile. So they will take their children to all kind of interest-oriented group. For my drawing teacher, they will think I am talent, and I always stand out for my works. They were surprised I can draw like that at my age. Especially, in my primary school, I gradually changing sketch into gouache painting. And I joined groups in my school; we will paint together every week. The end of painting story is I quit painting after my primary school. I have encountered many difficulties in studying as I mentions in my blog 1. I have already forgotten how to pick up a paintbrush and how to use the color into painting. I lose that power while I am growing up. All those gouache and brushes are familiar to me. But it felt like another world, and also the kids who are good at painting seems to be another person to me as well.

Comments on YirunJin

Her shared her love about basketball.

To be honest, I know little thing about basketball and NBA before last year. At first, I have seen some short edited videos in the tiktok, it became interesting to me. Ever since then I got to know NBA in my spare time and watched plenty videos and story about NBA. Basketball is a competitive sport, which will bring excitement for the player and also audience. Same as her, my favorite player is Kobe as well. He was a really extraordinary player. He spent a lot of time in practicing his skill and I have heard the story of “4 am LA”, he trained to 4 am in LA. He always shows how good he is in the basketball and how hard he practices in his spare time. I really respect him. 2020 is not a good year, if I have superpower, I really want to freeze the time to 2019 or freeze the helicopter that he took. But there is not an “if”, he will always live in our heart.