Comment on Candice shang

As for we come from the same group, we choose the method inquiry based learning. I am surprised that you were using a totally different way as me. You gave a lot of your explanation of the inquiry based learning. You have compared inquiry base learning with traditional learning, in a way to show the advantages of this method. And you have explained three characteristic very clear and detailed.

For our topic public goods, you well connect the method to the topic, and shows how does the methods work in the study of learning public goods. I really like you said “Curiosity is a good start of learning!” curiosity is always the best teacher in the beginning. In the process of doing research, we will learned a lot. The study will become more productive as well. This is what traditional learning cannot achieve.

Comment on Zihan

Cooperative learning is different method as I choose. I think cooperative learning is a really good method as well. In China, there is a saying, “union is strength”. People unite together will be really powerful. And group study will be solving the problem easier than single work. In many course, teacher will ask students who study in group and hand in the work together. I agree that you said “people will be more comfortable to share the ideas in small group.” That is true, I think studying in small groups, and people will easily find their spot. If there are too many people in a group, it is hard to manage and also hard to communicate. Ziyun also mentioned that study in a group will reduce the pressure and help members brainstorming. I have taken the class of visual arts, I understand that it is really hard to come up with a idea. But I just do not think all the visual arts are suit for cooperative learning. The idea should be unique; it is really easy to become similar with the members in the groups, which will be regarded as cheat. And I have seen that many artists is alone, that might be such customized agreement. They are really sensitive to the world, so that they can make really good works. I think art is a subject that hard to work in company. But it is a good way to communicate and brainstorming together. But they have to come up with their work by themselves. I like that you introduce the topic and in which way you will use the methods in the topic.